Hello, sorry for not making an appearance here for a while, between hospital visits and working in my gardens it has been difficult to sit down and write something. But today I have some nice photos for you, so I thought I ought to make a new posting. The last few days I have mainly spent making a border for the central bed in my garden. It has never had the wooden border the rest of the garden has, the border which now is pretty rotten here and there and due a replacement. The central bed has bark mulch just like the rest of the garden, and without a proper border it has been difficult to keep the bark inside the bed area. When I decided to replace all the borders with logrolls it was therefore a good place to start with the central bed.
I have made the area a bit longer at each end, and slightly wider, a job which was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It was a bit stupid starting this job now, I must admit, after 3 months without rain; the ground is hard as concrete! Getting the turf off was hard enough, but digging the trench to put in the logrolls was a mammoth task that I am glad I didn’t know the extent of beforehand. I have spent 2 days digging that trench! I know that sounds a bit pathetic, but between me and my arthritic hands, and enough breaks in between the digging; that was the time it took. I know it probably would have taken a strong, able-bodied man a couple of hours to do the digging, but I am a bit short of able-bodied men around here, well, short of men full stop I suppose….so things just have to get done my way, in my tempo. The important thing when doing work like this is to never let go of the vision of the finished result. It can take days, weeks or months, doesn’t matter, as long as I can look forward to the finished article. A bit of patience helps a long way too :-)
Oh, well, more some other day, more photos when I have done more work :-) Until then, take care.