Wednesday 31 January 2018

Blogging break from the Serendipity Garden

I guess it was about time I took a break from blogging, I have been hanging on here just because I didn't feel I could let go - but I have decided now. I am taking a break. Not quitting. Just taking a break. So please don't delete me if you have me on your list, you never know, I might decide to write a post again now and then, but I won't continue with any regular updates.

I have felt for a long time that I have been neglecting my visitors, and blogging is a give and take - you have to put in a lot to receive a lot. I so appreciate all the lovely comments I get on my posts, I have said it before and say it again - every comment is like a nice hug to me! So it feels a bit sad when I can't manage to visit everyone back, and I have sadly neglected a lot of people the last year. I have visited some of you and read your posts, but I haven't left many comments. But I have been thinking of you :-)

I will try to continue to make my garden movies on YouTube, but they might not come as clockwork on the last day of the month - I struggle with deadlines and it is going to be refreshing to no longer have that hanging over me. I want to make a movie when the weather is nice and my body is feeling up for it, not when the calendar demands it.

Last year went in a blur of bathroom renovation and health issues - my bathroom was finally finished on the 6th December. I started the process the week after moving into this house in May 2015. Things move slowly when done through the council, despite me pushing and shoving, ringing, emailing, writing letters - whatever means I could think of - to move my case forward. But it's done now, the bathroom is finished and looking good. I am still waiting for a small job to be done in my kitchen, they are going to replace the shelves in one of my cupboards with drawers so I can reach better. I have only waited since May 2016 for this to be done.

This year I want to concentrate on getting my garden fitted with a watering system and sort out my shed with a clear plastic roof so it can become part greenhouse. I also have some projects I have been thinking about for a long time which there never seem to be time to sit down with. I haven't made a book since 2014 and I have hundreds of photos of roses from my garden that I wanted to make a book about. Maybe I can find time to do that. And I have some more movie projects I would like to do too. If only there were a few more hours in the day :-)

I will still be posting photos from my garden on Facebook so if you are not on my friend list yet please send me a request. And if I could find an easier way to post photos on Instagram I will start that up again, but I am not happy with the photos from my phone and saving my camera photos to my PC and then transferring them to my phone to upload them to Instagram is seriously cumbersome. There must be a better way to do it!

So this is not a goodbye, just a -See you later some time :-)
Helene

My latest garden movie, filmed yesterday, with music from the movie Millers Crossing. 



7 comments:

  1. Hej Helene!
    Så mycket som blommar hos dig, här är det ett vitt snötäcke i rabatterna. Sol och fint, ett riktigt vinterlandskap.
    Ser fram emot ditt nästa inlägg.
    Ha det så bra /Marika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the secret of blogging is just not to feel under pressure to post. After all it isn’t a job. Many of my posts are fairly short and rely a lot on photos so there is less effort than to write the lengthy posts that you create. I blog because I enjoy it rather than worry about any sort of timetable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Helene,

    Håper du fortsetter å blogge når du har tid og ork til det. Jeg liker å lese blogger, og er ikke så opptatt av videoer på youtube ;)
    Jeg blogger mye for tiden, og drømmer meg bort i roser og andre blomster for å fortrenge vinteren. Det er ca 70 cm med snø her nå :(
    Men jeg har camellia i kjelleren med store knopper, og det er hyggelig å se på.
    Vakre camellia, blåveis og snøklokker hos deg!

    Vi "sees" igjen!

    Klem, Marit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sue. The pressure to post on a schedule can take a lot of joy out of blogging. I've struggled with that myself - and I haven't faced the added challenge of uprooting a garden, moving, renovating, nor health challenges. I'm not on Facebook (I don't need another rabbit-hole!) but I'll be happy to see your blog posts if and when they pop up. Best wishes with your garden plans, Helene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helene: Taking a blog break can be a healthy thing. I've only done it for a couple of weeks at a time, but it felt very freeing. Your friends and followers understand. Take as long as you need, and we'll be here and happy to visit your blog when you get back. Enjoy your time in the garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is always interesting me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Helene!
    I understand your plans, it's great you want to fit watering system in all tubs and pots, especially in hot summer days. It's a pity you take a break and will post in FB only. I'll try to come in there to know your news and to see your photos and videos.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.